Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bah Humbug

Well, another month and another "not pregnant" staring up at me. Funny how during thouse 27 blood tests monitoring my hcg falling to zero to ensure the molar pregnancy hadn't turned to cancer; I wished for nothing more than to get a zero reading...now that I pray each night for it to go back up, I get nothing.

Dr. Dodds says I can do 2 more cycles on clomid but that most pregnancies that are going to occur happen within the first 3 tries. I have an appt. to see him on the 22nd to discuss what he would suggest next and costs. I am not doing a 4th cycle knowing the risks and unlikelyness that it will be successful. I will start clomid cycle number 3 probably on Monday or Tuesday.

Mike and I sat and talked last night about what next if this last cycle of clomid doesn't work and agreed our options are Loralei being our only living child or adoption, as any further fertility treatments are probably too expensive and come with no guarantees. From what I have researched the costs are about $20,000 for a domestic open adoption, but there is a $12,000 tax credit we would qualify for. I would gladly find $8,000 to get to give Loralei a brother or sister. I guess we will discuss options with Dr. Dodds before making a decision, but things are looking grim.

I simply don't understand what is wrong. Every test is coming up perfect and I have never had a problem getting pregnant in the past. I thought staying pregnant was going to be the challenge, not simply getting pregnant.

Well, although I would like to crawl back under the covers and cry, I must face the day. There is a prescription for clomid to be called in and a toddler to feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment