Saturday, May 1, 2010
A Little Scared
Yesterday afternoon, after a fabulous morning garage selling with my friend Michelle, I had a bit of spotting. Mike and I decided just to suck it up and go to the ER. After monitoring the baby who was moving away and had a great strong heartbeat and making sure I wasn't having contractions, they decided to do a pelvic exam. The midwife was concerned about the size of the polyp on my cervix (I had with Loralei as well) and thought it could be my fibroid protruding out. She called in a dr. (happened to be my fibroid OB), who also did an exam and said, no, it was just a polyp on the edge of my cervix and was no big deal and that what this lady saw and thought was more polyp is just the lip of my cervix (but it was very strange that it looked that bizarre to the midwife). Then they said pelvic rest (because of the bleeding), and then the Dr. said how I should be being monitored for cervical length and for some mucus test because of my history of d&cs. They didn't offer to do an ultrasound but said they would make sure the ultrasound on Tuesday included a cervical length measurement. They also want me to see a dr. every couple visits (instead of just the midwife), and will be scheduling more ultrasounds and tests. Now, I am terrified that something is going to happen or that Tuesday will show that my cervix is too short or open and it's too late for a cerclage (stitching cervix shut). I wish they could have just done the ultrasound yesterday so I didn't spend my weekend on bed rest and terrified (they also said bedrest until after the u/s). Guess I will know more Tuesday, but as of today (19w3d) baby has no chance of living really so prayers please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment